Friday, July 20, 2012

Beware My Wrath Gotham City

My first day sleeping with my Bain-style breathing mask didn't feel any different than any other night other than the fact I woke up several times with this hose on my face. It's a weird feeling I can best compare to scuba diving if you have ever done that. Only you don't breath through your mouth, only in and out through your nose. The moist air from the machine forces my airway to stay open. In this way I don't stop breathing 25 times an hour.

There is a modem attached to the device that allows the tech guy to get readouts that he can interpret for me. I hope I can get copies of those to share. I would love to see if there was real change in my sleep pattern. I don't feel any less rested but I was in the bed for 8 hours - twice my normal sleep period.

Also the bedding was not all over the place like I was having some kind of flashback to my time in combat. The tech said that the less I move, the better I sleep. I thrashed around a lot less. Like a carp on the deck of a fishing boat I usually thrash.

I am also doing a circuit of exercises and taking less of my calories in liquid form. Change a few more things, fine tune these panther-like jungle reflexes that I have and see what happens in a month when next I am weighed. Weighed like a hog for slaughter.

Usually I see the big time weight loss doctor but this next time I am only seeing his nurse. He must have given up on me. I can't be fixed. Soon they will just lock the doors to the hospital and turn out the lights when they see me pull up just to avoid me. I feel like he is breaking up with me.


7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a cool look on you, dude.

Kal said...

Oh yeh, ALL the hot chicks are looking for a man in a medical breathing mask.

DrGoat said...

If it helps you sleep then give it a try, Cal. Sending good vibes your way.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' you will be teats up and six feet under in no time, dude!

Unknown said...

you will find it changes your life, man. I swear. I've lost forty pounds since CPAP, and I feel so much better.

You get used to the hose.

Do yourself a favour and watch your cats.

They love to chew the hoses.

csmith2884 said...

Colleen and I both use one. I use a full-face mask, just more comfortable for me. It take some time to get used to, but for me so very much worth it. You can also get an extra long hose, insert joke here. I use that camping since I have no nightstand on my side in the camper.

Anonymous said...

I got mine last Friday and it looks like the same model. Every time I put it on I say "I am Gotham's reckoning."