Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cosplay Cool

Karl Urban posing with a young cosplayer. They look so badass.


I could never imagine putting together such a cool outfit as a kid. I talked my mother into getting me the Simplicity pattern so she could make me a Robin costume. She never did so I had to outgrow my childhood desire to dress like a superhero everyday.

I would never be satisfied with a simple towel for a cape after seeing what kind of cosplaying people are doing these days. It's an art form and I would need to find the perfect character for my body type and personality to ever think about dressing up as a superhero in public. The bar is just set so high these days. I think I am better off with trying to create the steam punk identity that M.D. Jackson created for me.


Then again maybe I could pull off the military uniform of the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Starlord look is very forgiving in all the right places.





1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Steampunk is edgier. I'd go for that, man.