Friday, July 27, 2012

Now THIS Was A Handsome Man 20 Years Ago



 
His hair loss was progressing rapidly due to faulty genetics and the 70 hour work weeks. Couldn't anyone have loved this poor boy and saved him from himself?


I am reading a new book that seems to be all the rage these days. The Wheat Belly postulates that many of our medical problems can be traced to the amount of wheat products we find ourselves eating. Here I was thinking it was all the high fructose corn syrup that was to blame.

I am fascinated to see what will be the results if I make a few more changes in my diet and substitute in wheat or gluten free alternatives. I confess to becoming quit the student of weight loss and every stupid theory and diet out there. I swear if I had a safe way to acquire a tapeworm I would almost surrender myself to that at this point but there are no quick fixes.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's a new fad every week in the diet biz.

Kal said...

Tell me about it. I have read about them all.

ShezCrafti said...

As someone who has struggled with weight problems my entire life, I totally believe this theory. The only type of diet that works for me is carb-free/sugar-free or a variation of Phase 1 of South Beach, essentially the same thing; aka the "no whites" diet.

Also - *swoon* @ that pic.

Kal said...

Oh go on with you and your swoon.

I am making the little changes that will stick with me over time but it's insane when you really understand things like Pink Slime and High Frutose Corn Syrup. They are like Soylent Green.

can you send me a current pic or post on on your site?

Kal said...

okay, that was creepy. I blame the lack of carbohydrates. Damn you carbohydrates and damn you ZINC!

M. D. Jackson said...

Soylent Green would probably be more nutritious.