Friday, July 27, 2012

Quote of The Day - Lauren Bacall

Yes I saw it, my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever. After the ‘film’ was over, I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe but I do not want a book called Grannie Dearest written about me when I die. So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau’s 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, ‘Now that’s a vampire film!’
 Lauren Bacall on Twilight








Check a fantastic article on the movies Nosferatu by going HERE.


8 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Haha! Good on you Lauren!
(I didn't realize that she was still alive)

I originally saw Nosferatu during one of my Humanities classes in High School, and again in Film Study during college and a few times in between just for fun.

My DVD copy packages it together with another great silent horror film, "The Cabinet of Dr Caligari".

DrGoat said...

She's a treasure.

Kal said...

I know all those German Expressionalists well. I was a freak for film class. I took one every semester in university just to go to the Thursday film labs. 4 hours of the best films ever as homework. I love the early stuff. They did so much with mood and lighting. Plus if you know the story of the REAL Max Schreck who played Count Orlock, you get a nice little story of obsession and weirdness.

Cabinet is good too. Loves me some Golem.

Kal said...

You also have to check out Shadow of the Vampire.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You are one smart old dame, Lauren Bacall! I saw "Nosferatu" on CBC TV when I was a kid. It scared the living bejesus right out of me. Still does.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I have seen "Shadow". I am interested in seeing "The Golem" though.

M. D. Jackson said...

I saw Nosferatu in the theater with a live band playing the soundtrack. It was awesome!

Anonymous said...

If only Lauren Bacall could stand outside every Twilight screening with her shoe at the ready