Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Living Dead Return In October



I am happy that I have to wait until October to be put through the ringer that is watching 'The Walking Dead'. That show just drains me. Everything bad that happen in the week are compressed into a tiny ball of fear and rage by the end of each episode. I save up the comics until I have a years worth or more to read at one sitting. You can't deal with the tension any other way. Looks by this video that things aren't about to get easier for Rick and company anytime soon. Stay in the house Carl. Why is Carl never in the house?


5 comments:

ShezCrafti said...

Is it called The Living Dead in Canada or something or was that just a typo?

Kal said...

Thanks for catching that. YES, it is a Canadian thing. Can I get away with that?

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I stopped watching some time ago, but only because I couldn't stay anchored to the Sunday night time slot. After a leisurely morning of doing nothing, a big lunch and an afternoon nap, Sunday evenings you usually when I get ideas going and am starting to draw at my desk or else check the messages I've left pile up over the weekend.

I'm surprised it took them until third season to get to a setting like the prison were you can save so much money by shooting interiors on a soundstage.

Kal said...

This is one I demand that you watch in huge chunks because the tension will rip your heart out. A prison keep people out but it's designed to keep others IN. Nothing is easy in this world.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

The leader of Woodbury looks so familiar. I thought he was Mark Gatiss, aka Mycroft from "Sherlock", but it isn't listed on IMDB.

If I can find some way to catch up I would like to finish seeing the second season. Though I recently marathoned the first season of "Breaking Bad", and its tough to do for a show with such gritty drama, so it may take some doing.

Makes me wish I still had Netflix Streaming.