Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Racist - What Don't You Understand?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Recommended height for this costume is between 5'8" to 6' tall. Any shorter than this and you may experience problems inflating this costume to full effect. Any taller and the costume will be overstretched and probably an uncomfortable fit.


An uncomfortable fit is the LEAST of your problems if you go out in this costume. I can't imagine you charming the ladies once they figure out what you are suppose to be. If you said you weren't dressed as a penis but as a turd would that make any difference in their opinion of you? Either guess should ensure your ass gets beaten. Why not just add some black face and an Afro and complete your suicidal get-up.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just to play devil's advocate here for a moment... What if the model wearing the costume was black and not a white man wearing black makeup? Would it still be racist?

I ask this only because giant dick costumes--albeit Caucasian giant dick costumes--are pretty common and socially acceptable as "funny" at adult Halloween parties, tasteless as they may be. There's always some asshole that shows up at these types of drunken, Halloween shock humor-fests dressed like a dick. Could this not simply be looked upon as the African American option for black people wishing to dress up as a giant dick?

Is there also an item matching the description of "Inflatable King Dong Penis Costume WHITE"? I think it's a terrible costume, don't get me wrong, I'm just not one that's quick to label things as racist if there's some kind of explanation. At any rate, seems like it was a very poor decision to use a white guy as the model.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I heard that's going to be Mitt Romney's costume this year at Halloween.

Kal said...

That was an interesting question Jamie - if a black person was wearing the costume, is it racist? I will have to think about that one.

D.I. Felipe González said...

I suspect hte Klan is behind this issue.

DrGoat said...

I guess it's been a long time since I've been to a costume party. Nobody dressed as a dick back when I was partying. Obviously we've made a lot of progress. My take is, I guess you could make an argument about the racist aspects of that shitty costume, but you can't deny that that is one of the most tasteless, crappy looking costumes you've ever seen.

Kal said...

It's not exactly the outfit you want to be wearing while trying to hit on a girl and the Halloween party.