Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Validation Of My Genius From The Great Unwashed

Sometimes one of my creations break out and runs wild all over the Tumblr. It's insane to watch a bunch of new people reblog my genius after the image/words escape from my circle of followers and breaks into a larger world. Since I posted this yesterday it has been reblogged or liked 45 times. That is unheard of in my world. I feel like a captioning rock star if there is such a thing - and there SHOULD be such a thing.

I know many who are just about fed up with my balloon juice captions after the thousands I have posted. I seem to be followed by people who are enormously difficult to please. I have to keep stepping up my game because it's all "What have you done for me lately?" with them. All this latest victory has done is encourage me to caption my brains out.

I just can never tell the one of these bits that will fall flat and the ones that will delight and ignite the idiot mass audience out there - no creative person does. What would the Cave of Cool be without these captions? I argue it's the soul of our mission around here. If you get the bit then there is a pretty good chance I have a lot of other interesting things on this blog that you will enjoy.

 

4 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Don't get me wrong -- you are a captioning genius. But this one wasn't even one of your best. It's funny what folk will latch on to.

I know, I've had pieces that get tons of views and likes and comments, and they're usually ones that I feel aren't my best work. And yet something that I think is brilliant... pffft... nada... not a sausage.

Kal said...

Stupid stupid idiot mass audience and their stupid ass faces.

Kal said...

And as for this one not being my best? It's not even as good as the ones I write on the toilet!

This is why creative people have ennui.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think it's the bunny factor. Just enjoy your success!