Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mighty Men And Monster Maker

 
 
 
This was something that I saw on the toy shelves in the late 70s and just had to have it. For a person who loved comics but has no skills as an artist, the ability to create my own mix and match heroes and villains was hard to resist. It was a creative set with very high playability.
 
 
 
There were dozens of combinations of panels available to create dozens of different characters. The set even came with pencil crayons. In the box this is stored in I am sure there are still examples of my men and monsters collection. I would try to copy the inking and coloring styles of comic artists I admired. It would be interesting if they are still as genius as I remember them to be.



You can read an article about this product by going HERE.
 
 
There is even a site where various artists reinterpret the heroes/villains that you could create with the variety of design choices you could make with this toy.



 

3 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

It is on my list to get one day.

John Sholtz said...

Oh man, I wanted this so bad as a kid, but I never got it. I need to put this on my wish list.

Ronsrandomstuff said...

I love this, got it when I was young, 5 or 6 and have since replaced it with an eBay one. Thanks for posting that link, that's a brilliant idea!