Monday, March 11, 2013

Captain Canuck In Production


TORONTO – As Captain Canuck continues his journey from the comic book to the big screen, the iconic masked crusader will also feature in a new animated web series.
Comic book writer Richard Comely, who launched the Captain Canuck franchise in 1975 with fellow artist George Freeman, has tapped Captain Canuck INC and animation partner Smiley Guy Studios to produce the five episode online series

 
Captain Canuck is a fictional Canadian comic book superhero. Created by cartoonist Ron Leishman and artist/writer Richard Comely, the original Captain Canuck first appeared in Captain Canuck #1 (cover-dated July 1975).

Three characters have worn the maple leafed costume of Captain Canuck. Described as a cross between Captain America and Flash Gordon, the first Captain Canuck patrols Canada in the (then) futuristic world of 1993, where "Canada had become the most powerful country in the world." He was the costumed agent of the Canadian International Security Organization (CISO).





 

4 comments:

david_b said...

Seriously..?

Please.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know, I know. I have a couple of his comics but they don't stand up well against the Marvel or DC stuff put out at the same time. I am interested in seeing how the cartoon turns out. If we need a patriotic superhero I prefer Guardian from Alpha Flight - who wears one of the coolest of costumes. Why not make an Alpha Flight movie? Now that I would go see.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like that art deco-ish logo!

M. D. Jackson said...

I loved Captain Canuck! I collected the comics all the way up to issue 11, I think, before we had to move to a place where I couldn't find them anymore. They were terrible, yes, but they were Canadian!

I'm excited about the web series.