Monday, March 11, 2013

The Early Reviews Are In

 
I don't think there was a single second of screen time that didn't involve sex, guns, drugs, money or some combination of the above. To sum up, I'd say: Spring Breakers - many fucks spoken, none given.
 
 
"If Michael Mann was to take a lot of hallucinogenics and shoot a Girls Gone Wild video, it might look something like this."
 
"An almost indescribably weird little movie..."
 
"Ultimately a fairly thin, pulpy crime tale, given more substance than it should have on paper thanks to some excellent film making."
 
"Harmony Korine toys with Girls Gone Wild iconography to skewer party culture, twisted priorities of modern young people, and the "American Dream."
 
"Spring Breakers is a mainstream art film that is ludicrous amounts of fun, even if the plot is absolutely preposterous and downright silly."
 

 
 


5 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I always enjoy movie reviews that involve wordplay in their summation. Roger Ebert used to do that a lot.

Kal said...

He's not dead yet.

DrGoat said...

Hope not.

Unknown said...

so did we like it or were we suppose to like the review of the movie... only... i disney girls gone wild...

Kal said...

I haven't seen it yet. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 67% from the critics but over 90% are interested in seeing the film. I can't wait to see it so I can judge for myself.