Tuesday, March 12, 2013

You Are What You 'Like'

 
I just heard that there is a scientific correlation between high I.Q. and a preference for curly fries. Does that mean if I like the thicker Wendy's fries that I am stupid? Frankly I think people who choose curly fries are stupid, what do you think about that, Facebook?

You can take the test yourself by going HERE. I don't use Facebook or click 'like' all that much so my data is not very useful for analysis. If you are on Facebook all the time you might find the results interesting. Did they get you right?

The study is based on the Facebook profiles of 58,000 people in the US, drawn from millions of users who gave their consent to compare their survey results with their Facebook likes, on an anonymous basis.

It found that online behaviour can be used to make surprising accurate predictions about users’ race, age, IQ, sexuality, personality, substance use and political views.

After feeding Facebook preferences into an algorithm, they created models which were able to determine male sexuality with 88% accuracy, race with 95% accuracy, political leanings with 85% accuracy and religion 82% of the time.


http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/clever-people-eat-curly-fries-587731.html

No comments: