Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Heroes Of Cosplay

I am looking forward to watching this show tonight. I hope it's more of a competition than just a showcase - though of course I can watch Riddle1 - Riki LeCotey. do just about anything but I have the hugest crush on her. I am interested in seeing her in action and to hear her voice live. I would like to see how she goes from drawing to finished costume and all the effort that goes into the final product.


 
And LeCotey has taken cosplay to an even higher level. She's doing it for charity.

LeCotey put together a calendar with images of different cosplayers for her organization, Cosplay for a Cause, which raised more than $30,000 for the Japanese Red Cross tsunami disaster relief, with 100 percent of the proceeds being donated. Now she's working on another project with the proceeds going to the American Red Cross.









 
You can read more about her and her participation in the Heroes of Cosplay program, you can go HERE
 


5 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Alright SyFy, you're doing something right for a change, now don't screw it up and we'll just forget about those lousy original movies that you're always making.

profsafety said...

She not only looks like an angel but does a lot of good. she's the best.

Kal said...

Only the best for my adoration is the way I look at it.

John Sholtz said...

Plus she's Canadian. ;-)

Kal said...

Another perfect reason to be focussed on often at the CANADIAN cave of cool.