Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Mother The Photographer - Yukon Gold Rush Adventure (Part One)

The last time my mother went to Australia she took all of ten pictures that were any good. She just didn't think that anyone would want to see her trip through her eyes. Don't ask. It's an immigrant thing. So I go on her about documenting her recent Klondike Gold Rush Adventure in the Yukon and she surprised me (something that happens everyday) with a real excellent batch of pictures and cool souvenirs.


I was really impressed with so many of the pictures she took as she went from Kelowna to Whitehorse Yukon. Three days on the bus. A hellish experience for me but she likes to relax and just watch it all go by. Why fly over it all when she can drive through it. So she took pictures out the window as she went. Learning about the camera and how to check her work. Her eye is excellent even if sometimes her technique is lacking. But she was using a digital camera from a bus window, not bad for a woman who grew up at a time when they had no phone or radio on the farm near Sundown Manitoba.

I picked out my favorites to share. It will be cool to sent these to my niece and nephew.













 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, nice snaps indeed! I'm glad she had a good time.

Kal said...

Yeh it was an adventure and a half.

profsafety said...

Pretty good photos. I hope she keeps taking more pictures.

Kal said...

I was impressed. Especially after I ragged on her. She stepped up. And now she has more good stories to tell.