Monday, August 26, 2013

What Books Did YOU Love As A Kid?

 
 
Who knew I would fall in love with this series.? Maybe the book was coated with psychedelic mushrooms and when I licked my fingers after touching the pages I went on a wild trip to the Mushroom Planet. That would be the only reason to explain why, after all the books I have read, I will never forget about this series.
 
 
The novel is set in Elizabethan England at the end of the 16th century. Two young runaways become boy actors (young boys often played the girl parts), at first on the road and later in London, where they are befriended by William Shakespeare. They become aware of a plot against Queen Elizabeth's life and attempt to prevent it.

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Even if I had a month to come up a list I probably couldn't do the books I loved justice. I'd have to scour all the titles in the library's children's section and look into every Caledecott winner.

I remember one book in particular that I've been trying to recollect the title for years. Something about a wizard who lives in a bright yellow limousine.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, I read "Cue for Treason" too! Haven't thought of that book in, like, forever.

Kal said...

I think it's on the Canadian reading list for Junior High and has been forever. I have a copy I stole from the school because I had to have my own.