Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Comic Covers Of The Day - Marvel - 25th Anniversary



























 
Remember the good old days when the covers themselves were an EVENT? There was only ONE cover per title per month and this was Marvel's 25 ANNIVERSARY! It was the evil that was Rob Liefeld and Company that introduced people to the idea of Variant Covers. Some titles today can have ten covers or more per month. It's insane. I never really cared about chasing down the variant covers because I was more after the story inside. Many speculators lost a lot of money in that racket and nearly destroyed the comic collecting hobby in the process. At least we can still see the covers of the comics on the rack. If it was like Playmobil or Lego MARVEL and DC would put out 'Blind Covers' like the toys that are 'Blind Packaged'. Oh well. It is all about the chase for collectors I guess. I just like to see what I am paying for.
 

3 comments:

Mike said...

I have very fond memories of those covers. Especially the X-Men ones since the great "Mutant Massacre" storyline was taking pace then.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Heathcliff? WTF?

profsafety said...

I had a lot of those covers. Great covers.