Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cool Cartoon Girls Of The 80s - Day Three - Cheetara

 

 
Cheetara is a female warrior, based on the cheetah, who is the only adult female ThunderCat (until the later appearance of Pumyra). She has incredible speed, once clocked at 120 m.p.h. on a morning jog. She can maintain this speed only for brief periods, but with it, she is very fast in combat. At her peak, Cheetara can achieve extreme super speeds of up to one mile per 30 seconds, but could only maintain those speeds for approximately two miles; anymore beyond that and she'll risk collapsing due to exhaustion. She also has an ability called her "Sixth Sense", which gave her the ability to see into past and future events, although this was also very taxing, such that she sometimes considered it a curse; these visions could come at random and when she forced them to appear, it could take days or weeks for her to recover. She could also sense danger to others which she attributed to "woman's intuition". Cheetara had a fondness for the "useless" metal gold. In "The Telepathy Beam", her powers no longer harm her. Her weapon was the baton or bo staff, which could extend to any length and shoot out energy beams. It was attached to a cuff on her left arm when not in use.

 
 
 
 
 


 




 


 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

If I had been a kid when Thundercats was on, I'm sure I'd have loved it and been in love Cheetra. But since she's so fast, how can I ever hope to catch up? Thats were you come in Kal.

Kal said...

It doesn't hold up as well today but held up better than MOTU. The more recent Nick show was very cool I thought. I love that whole THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CAT'S HOOOOOOOO!

Mum-Ra was a very cool villain too who freaked me out weather he was a mummy or a hulk.

The Flying Dachshund said...

I was on the fence with the new version of the show... Then again, I'm not a fan of ANIME in any sense, and it did have that look to it (more so than the original series!!)... I would have preferred to have seen updated looks for some of the costumes (especially Lion-O as the "belly window" is SOOOOOO '80s) and (and this is a BIG ONE)I would have preferred the Thundercats look more cat-like (like when J. Scott Campbell did his drawing for the #0 issue for Wildstorm). The stories themselves were pretty good... I don't mind the tweaking, but didn't like the overall redesign of the characters themselves... Needless to say, I watched every episode, though, and was interested in seeing it keep going (even if it was not pleasing to my eye holes...).

The House Of Mouse said...

Oh hey, one of those cosplay photos is me, had no idea it was even here until now. Wish it was credited. :S