Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Damian - Son Of The Batman #1

 
So let me understand. You kill off one of the greatest characters that DC has created in the past 20 years just because as asshole named Grant Morrison wanted it to happen. Then you bring him back in an out of continuity limited series with a dead Batman and a crazed Damian who is a 20 year old Robin without the charm and humor and courage of his ten year old self that we all knew and loved.
 
 
The art by Andy Kubert is professional as always but I don't see the point. I feel like I am having the death of Damian rubbed in my face all over again. Thanks for leaving me with another bad taste in my mouth because of your comics, DC. I can barely remember the last one I read that I actually liked or would recommend. These are dark days indeed when a Robin has to kill his opponents to work out his left over 'daddy' issues.

 
 
 

7 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

i dunno... i'm intrigued to see what they do, like an Elseworlds deal. It's only four issues, Kal- how about some enthusiasm?? :D

Kal said...

I felt like I was being sold the EXTREME version of Damian. I have a real soft spot for the 10 year old psychopath and I miss him and not clone story is going to fix that. But I will read. That gives me the right to bitch.

Mike D. said...

He's actually the best character they've created since...Superman,Batman,Hawkman,Wonder Woman ,Flash and Green Lantern. I read all the trades to catch up on the character...the freshest Idea in Fifty years.

Kal said...

He was pretty terrific wasn't he. I loved those moments when he could be a brat but at the same time be heroic and brave. He had no filter and didn't care what anyone thought of him or what he said. He was the best of the Robins and the worst and that made him interesting. He was a wild card. I miss him.

Kal said...

The smug way he would call Alfred 'Pennyworth' like he was a servant but still named his cat after a man he has a hell of a lot of respect for because Alfred also didn't take his shit.

The breakdown Alfred had when Damian died broke my heart.

Kal said...

I could go on and on. Damn you to hell Grant Morrison. You only created him so you could kill him after I loved him. Well this time it's personal.

Mike D. said...

As tough as nails as he was...he was still an impetuous child...that mix of deadly trained assassin and immature child was the secret of the dynamic.