Monday, May 5, 2014

"You Gentlemen Think You Have Me At A Disadvantage. I Can Assure You That Nothing Is Further From The Truth."

 
I am still twitching from the first two hours of the 12 episode season of 24. It's just the kind of magical realism that I need right now. Jack always has a way out. Jack always finds a way to win the day against the forces of evil aligned against him. Plus everyone shoots at each other. How can I NOT find that entertaining. No one important ever really gets hit by bullets. I generally deplore Bauer's methods (as a pinko leftist gun hater) but I have to admit that the boy knows how to get things done in a crisis. No time for sweet talk when the attack is just hours away.
 
I so wish I could just binge on the whole season right now. I wish they released it all at once like Netflix recently did with the 'lost' season of Star Wars The Clone Wars. I hate that I have to wait another week for just an hour worth of content. My brain has been trained to watch my entertainment in BATCHES. I want to decide what I want to watch and when I want to watch it. Isn't that the promise of this golden age? If it isn't then it should.
 

No comments: