Saturday, May 31, 2014

Crossbones Pilot



I have to first give this program credit for going full retard on the concept. A prototype chronometer that will allow a ship to know EXACTLY where they are is being searched for by the famed pirate Blackbeard (John Malkcovich) who knows of the chronometer's existence and he will kill to obtain it for himself. It is power and protection for a lifestyle of freedom. I still haven't figured out how obtaining a copy of this chronometer will change the fate of all pirates on the high seas but I am sure someone will explain that to me eventually.

I liked the exotic locations and all the interesting character. Every pirate has his/her own story to tell and the characters the show choses to follow are an interesting lot who really enjoy their torture and all the other 'piratey' things that they do.



Blackbeard himself is a cross between Hannibal Lecter and The King Of Siam. Malkovich has created one of his most interesting characters ever. The Commodore wants to be a man of learning and sophistication but his evil half is just too strong.



This one had enough twists and coincidences to keep me watching. No one is as smart as they think they are and I want to see how long they can keep me interested in the mind games and adventure.


 

2 comments:

Mike said...

Looks good. Ill have to watch it

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

no surprise here. John M. was in Transformer 3, nuff said.