Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CRISIS AT THE CAVE OF COOL!!

As you all know I love to collect action figures. After the first fifty or so I opened the packages despite the fact that I love the packaging of they toys as much as the designs of the toys themselves. So I have enough loose figures. I prefer mint in package. But there are times when I can't pass on a good deal. So I had to get this Teddy Roosevelt GI JOE 90 % complete without the packaging. That is a shame because it's beautifully done.


This is the boxed version of my beloved Teddy Roosevelt. The man was a MAN before being a MAN was cool. He fought the greedy corporations and once, after being shot, went on to give an important campaign speech.

Because of a good deal I got this loose Teddy on the EBay. The most important part of his nearly complete look is of course his glasses. They are as iconic as his mustache. So the other day I moved him and noticed that his glasses were missing. I was distraught. I hate losing accessories. I always wanted to put him in a glass case but love him close to me so I took the risk that something like this would happen. Now he was missing his eyewear and I feared I would have to tear apart my room to find them....if I hadn't already vacuumed them up that same morning.

 
Then just ten minute ago, the cat brushes against my leg with something in his mouth. I reached down thinking it was a q-tip but it turned out to be the FREAKING GLASSES!! He saved my Teddy without chewing into the plastic. It's like he knew exactly why I was bitching and he thought - "Oh the glasses? They are between the rug and the dresser, you numnut." Once again the Admiral saves the day. Guess who now goes into the cabinet for safety and who is getting extra treats and a brushing tonight?

 

8 comments:

Barbecue17 said...

Three cheers for the Admiral!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Tell me about it. He got extra treats tonight.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Phew! That was close! Three cheers for the Admiral!

Dr. Theda said...

Glad that it worked out for you.... and we did a report on this President as a kid... was amazed that the attempted assassination ... the bullet hit him in the Speech, saving his life... and went on to give his speech anyway...
He was a great President.... and thanks to him for this country's National Parks and wildlife preserves... thus saving these beautiful places from developers....
.. the Man was a True American Hero.... may he rest in peace

j-swin said...

The same thing happend with my premium Hellboy's cigar. It fell outta his gob and was
missing for days, but by sheer luck I found it right in the middle of the floor. Sometimes you get lucky!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Hahaha! The Admiral comes through again.
As Teddy himself would say "Bully!".

Cora said...

That's one clever and helpful cat you've got there!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Unless he took the glasses in the first place so he could play the hero. Naw, that is more of a young Admiral scheme.