Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Good On Ya, Australia

 
Love trumps hate every time. And who cares? If two people love each other then what do you care? Unless you secretly are in the closet still and are a self hating homosexual. If not, then you are a homophobe who fears change or seeing others get the same rights that you enjoy. Either way. You lost, humanity won. And in honor I play the anthem of Pride success by two sister girls who knew how to wail out a disco tune.
 
Australian voters overwhelmingly approved the introduction of same-sex marriage Tuesday, with 62% in agreement and 31% saying no. Nearly 79% of eligible voters mailed in a ballot.
 
The outcome is a win for Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, who called a referendum after the country's conservative Senate refused to debate the measure.
 


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

YAY AUSTRALIA! I hope it rains women there too for my lesbian sisters.

I had a friend many years ago in Winnipeg who had a lesbian relationship with a cute foreign student from Australia. When she went back home to Oz, her family freaked out and forced her into one of those freaky Christian gay conversion therapy programs. My friend worked and saved her money for a year and then flew to Australia to try to talk some sense into her, but it was too late. She was in the clutches of enforced self hatred. I often wonder what became of that Aussie girl. I thought of her when I heard the news yesterday.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Wow...places like that need to be burned down during a late night break out of prisoners....after maybe some conjugal visit sex...HEY...I am human here too.