Tuesday, November 6, 2018

New To The Collection Of Cool

 
 
My new real life friend Pat, who knows as much about comics and pop culture collectibles that I do, was someone who I met during my comic book sale this summer. He was also fair and generous when we did business and I like to consider him and his pal Jeremy to be new good friends of mine. You know you like someone when you are having conversations about any topic that could go on for hours if you let them. I am glad we met. Last week he just gifted me these gems. When I was at his sale table at Parkland Man he showed me this book by Roald Dahl about the Gremlins that Dahl wrote based on his WWII experiences. I had to have this book because of my personal history and love for Roald Dahl and asked him to put it aside for me with the Gremlin figures and this cool astral form Doctor Strange. I was prepared to pay for them but he just let me have them in exchange for all the good business we had done all summer. When do you ever see that happen? Treasures for the Collection of Cool.
 


 
This video explains the book and how special it is and was one he wrote before his classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach.







2 comments:

DrGoat said...

That is so cool. Those Gremlin figures are tops.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Aren't they. That is the kind of conversation piece thta is perfect for the Cave of Cool.