Saturday, December 1, 2018

The Detail Here Makes My Eyes Tear Up

 
Just amazing craftsmanship on this outfit. Beautiful movie quality work with cosplay sensibilities. But with a deep understanding of design and color and acessories and how they combine to honor the old but create somethign fresh and interesting a beautiful. That is magic right there because it's rare. I have seen a million Wonder Woman costumes so I can say that this in in my top five all time. If not top three.

Now that would be how I would have evaluated this outfit if she was a contestant on my show that would be like the cosplay version of Project Runway. Project Superhero. Me and Tim Gunn would do it. He has an interesting history with superhero costumes. He was in a comic and did an extended series of videos where he critiques the looks of various superheros and what he like and hated about them. He treated the who fandom with respect because it's not about what you design but how you get from and idea to the finished look. He is interested in the process of creation. With Stan Lee gone I like to have a Tim Gunn around. All class that guy. Our show would make the world stop, I promise you that.



"It's all about the stretch fabric when you are designing for the Incredible Hulk."
 


No comments: