Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Crisis On Infinite Earths - Part Three


Flash 9 continues the story of the Crisis as the heroes continue to collect more heroes to save the Multiverse. There are still a lot of moving pieces here. I like the little pieces of stunt casting from the original Birds of Prey from the 90s and Lucifer Morningstar. Yes, that devil. And Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor is a nice casting choice.


Earnest acting continues and more stupid decisions abound. Supergirl is especially annoying because she is always sad and not a good enough actress to do anything other than frown and furrow her brow. Every emotional moment is so overwrought that I can barely stand it at times. 



I had no idea I would have to wait a month to see the end of the Crisis. That is a whole pile of bullshit because I could have waiting a MONTH to watch the whole thing completed. Thanks for keeping that nugget to yourself CW. You always give me the screwgie somehow.



Oliver Queen as The Spectre? The Death of 90s Flash? Good stuff but a lot of moody acting. Half the time I thought I was reading an X-Man comic.




The premiere dates and times are out. The CW has confirmed the Crossover event will start with Supergirl on Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8/7c. 



It will continue on Batwoman on Monday, Dec. 9 and The Flash on Tuesday, Dec. 10. After the network's traditional winter break, during which no new episodes will air, the crossover will pick up again on Tuesday, Jan. 14 with a new episode of Arrow at 8/7c before concluding with DC's Legends of Tomorrow at 9/8c.



The superhero stuff here is solid despite my low tolerance for earnest young actors. There is lots to admire here and all the shootouts to DC characters on TV is a sweet addition. I loved the 90s Flash show and this character 'moment' felt earned and a gift to fans like myself.

No comments: