Thursday, February 13, 2020

Now Playing At The Bijou Of Cool

Today I 'bout lost my damn mind with this Rodger Stone getting a sweet deal from his buddy, the AG, on the orders of Dear Leader I wondered what is the point in fighting anymore? This cabal has won the day and all we can do is hope that their evil tentacles don't reach us. As the ghost of Peter Tosh often tells me, 'Dis is DREAD, Mon. Truly DREAD!" So in all that I had a nap, drank a thermos full of cold water and watched a great movie that I highly recommend. It's the true enough true story of Jaime Escalante, a teacher in South Central LA. He is probably the greatest teacher I know about and have met one time. Edward James Olmos was ROBBED of the Oscar he should have received for this role but at least he was nominated in 1989. And maybe you noticed Lou Diamond Phillips whose is also fantastic in his role as a gang kid who wants to learn Math as HIS way of getting out. It won seven of the 11 awards it was nominated for across the film industry. It's inspirational and funny and it will show you why teachers, good teachers deserve your support and respect.





No comments: