Saturday, April 10, 2021

RIP DMX

Rapper DMX died this week at the age of 50. One of my favorite teacher stories comes from this song. Once I would play it when it was a hit in the 2000s during lunch in the class often. One day the kids were all worked up and I started the chorus in that DMX style just to distract them enough to get them back to work. It never failed to make everyone feel better.


Y'all gonna make me lose my mind


and they would do the reply - 'Up in here, Up in here'  and then we would run that whole memorable chorus.


Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in HERE, up in HERE!
Y'all gon' make me go all out
Up in HERE, up in HERE!
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL
Up in HERE, up in HERE!
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool
Up in HERE, up in HERE!


 


Good times. Rest in Power DMX.



No comments: