Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tough Little Termite / Wee Willy

When I was a kid I lived close enough to school to be able to go home for lunch. Grilled cheese and tomatoe soup...mmmmmm boy. And from 12-12:30 they showed the best of the Hanna Barbara cartoons - Quickdraw McGraw, Yogi Bear, Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy, Pixie and Dixie and my all time favorite Huckleberry Hound. And these two are the best of the bunch. Gotta love that termite's spirit with his "buzza buzza buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz" and they look he gives Huck when he peeks at him drying himself after a shower. GOLD! And is there a better monkey co-star than Wee Willy? EMMY BAIT! (though he is a big baby) Huck was too cool for school with that southern drawl and his slouchy walk. "Shucks...and I thought termites only et wood." Enjoy.



1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Love the old Hanna Barbera stuff. Although, watching Boomerang yesterday with my kids, I was struck by how 'wacky' the toons come across now. My kids think I lived in a very, very bizarre time.

AND they are so concerned as to WHY no one ever bought Magilla Gorilla! As they said, almost in unison - he is a gorilla with a little hat who talks and tells stories, why WOULDN'T you buy him???

hehehehehe