Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Eve Mylers


I was lucky enough to get advice from a good friend of mine to take a chance on 'Torchwood'. I discovered great storytelling and fantastic realistic characters, none more so that Gwen played by Welsh actress Eve Mylers. She was the heart of the show who always had to balance work and the strangeness she was exposed to with trying to remain the loving girlfriend to Reece, her unknowing boyfriend. Eventually, after he had been exposed to one of Torchwood's adventures, she decided not to have his mind erased and trusted him enough, loved him enough to bring him into her world. Even before that moment I had already fallen in love with her. She is a right real "lass" on that show and I can't resist the cute gap in her teeth. I so love the British programming where the prerequisite for a starring role is not being a 'size 0' Fuck That. I want real women and none seem more real and adorable than Eve. If you haven't seen 'Torchwood' its time for you to get educated.







8 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

She was off the charts good in the BBC adaptation of Dickens 'Little Dorrit.'

Peteski said...

She's a Simpson character (if no, she should be)


ps.thanks for the Fav tumblr nod, C.

Ricky Shambles said...

Torchwood is on my list of musts, though admittedly a little higher up now. On my list, that is, not my...nevermind.

Lemmy Caution said...

Just watched Torchwood Children Of Earth a couple weeks ago. Wasn't familiar with the show or the characters....but I caught on quick. It was an extremely entertaining series. I'm now looking forward to going back and getting the first two seasons on DVD to check out.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You won't be disappointed Lemmy. I am glad that I got into Torchwood and could see the whole series in one shot from the beginning. I hate how the British only do short runs of shows especially the ones I like like Torchwood or Little Britain but I guess it does save us from years and years of crap.

Lemmy Caution said...

Qality over quantity!

Wandering Coyote said...

I'll have to be on the lookout for this, too. Thanks for the recommend.

Anonymous said...

I ADORE Torchwood.