Thursday, September 10, 2009

Terrifying Yet Fascinating

I don't know why this video so fascinates me because I think that if I was in her position I would be gouging at my head with a screwdriver just to carve this frickin thing out. To hear her talk about being able to feel it feeding on her skull and moving inside her head was enough to give me a full blown case of the willies. Can you imagine going to see the doctor and they can't do anything for you? What the hell? After that experience and the failure with the home remedy I would be off my nut I can tell you. Do you see why I live in Canada, bitches? Sure we have ticks and leeches but everyone knows from early Boy Scout training how to deal with those so I don't fear them, as unpleasant as they are. This seems to be the summer of botfly removal videos for me so I am newly freaked out by something that those in warmer, tropical climates have been familiar with forever. First its the ocean that freaks me out, then the rattlesnakes and their flesh dissolving venom and now freakin botflies who grow inside you and are larger coming out than the tiny part that sticks out. That is just messed up. If you are in the least bit squeamish, please move along and don't watch this video. I post it for education purposes because now I know how to deal with these bastards and like GI JOE says...knowing is half the battle.

"Video of a woman named Vanessa with a botfly maggot in her scalp. Vanessa got it when she went to Belize. She was planning to go to the doctor to have it removed, but she couldn't stand feeling it and hearing it crawl around under her skin, so she asked her boyfriend (or husband?) to remove it. He wasn't able to get it out (using a bottle full of smoke) so later that day she went to the doctor, but the doctor wasn't able to remove it, either. However, the doctor put a piece of tape over the hole, which cut off the maggot's air supply. Several hours after Vanessa got home, the maggot tried crawling out of the hole, and that's when her friend was able to pull it out."

3 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Calvin: Oookay, first thing on my to do list today, cancel that trip to Belize. An insect maggot that has a breathing hole in your head. That just can't be good. -- Mykal

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know...like I needed ANOTHER thing to add to the list of things that freak me out. That is just some messed up shit. Belize can suck it.

Wandering Coyote said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

This is disgusting! I my stomach is all upset now. How messed up is this? Jesus!