Monday, December 7, 2009

Another Reason Australia Scares The Hell Out Of Me

That place is a death trap. I need a full body suit with bubble helmet and iron gauntlets to even walk around that place. Don't even get me started about going into the water around that ocean locked continent. Like I have said before. There are things there that do not sleep...and are...tiny...and will find the ONE piece of skin that you have exposed to project all of their deadly venom into. You don't got a chance. Dingo ate your baby? Hell No. Jellyfish STUNG your baby then it drowned. Look at the size of that thing. How the hell do you either see or protect yourself from something like that??


A 29-year-man, wearing a full-body "stinger suit," was stung on the face by an Irukandji jellyfish while diving from a yacht off the coast of Australia. They can kill a person in minutes.

The jellyfish's sting can lead to "Irukandji syndrome," a set of symptoms that includes shooting pains in the muscles and chest, vomiting, restlessness and anxiety. Some symptoms can last for more than a week, and the syndrome can occasionally lead to a rapid rise in blood pressure and heart failure... because the jellyfish leave almost no mark on their victims, scientists believe they are responsible for many deaths that were attributed as drownings or heart attacks.



http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/6729454/Australian-dives-face-first-into-deadly-peanut-sized-jellyfish.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

they have the deadliest spiders and snakes as well i believe

ThoughtCriminal said...

Oh well, I'm sure that many Australians would find a few things in Canada that scare even them. I'm guessing bears.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Bears I can see coming. Tiny translucent cephalopods I can't. Bears will make my death quick. Tiny venomous invertebrates will make me suffer and cause the skin around their bite to die at a terrifyingly quick rate so I don't miss a second of my death. A bear is doing what bears do. The stinging boneless bastard octopus does what it does out of spite! I think I am done here. I have made my point.