Thursday, January 21, 2010

Half My Childhood That Never Was


How This Isn't Happiness captures certain moments of my life I will never know. I had a super 8 projector when I was a kid and my dad knew the guy who ordered the movies to show on the base. Since they dealt in such large volume he could easily get me those short super 8 scenes from movies like old Universal monster movies and special effect heavy scenes from favorites like 'Jason and the Argonauts', 'Thief of Bagdad' and 'Fantastic Planet'. You know the one's they would advertise on the back of 'Errie' and 'Creepy' magazine. We would splice them together and show the weirdest (or greatest) movies in the world. I never had a space helmet but I so totally would have went for this look.

Once I invent that time machine, I will be going back to kick that kid that I was back into the machine and send him back to the future so that I can take his place in the past. He had it good.

http://thisisnthappiness.com/

No comments: