Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gift Those Who Impress You


When I taught in the far north I knew this really cool, quirky french teacher who was the best kind of person to party with because like me she had no internal filter. She would also bring in the best baking when it was most needed for that 3 PM sugar rush.

I got into the habit of leaving little presents for her but never letting her know who they came from. My Dad did that alot to people he appreciated but didn't want to embarrass by gifting. I saw this fish purse today and it instantly reminded me of her.

I would have totally gone in early one morning to stuff this in her classroom desk drawer. Another reason you always make friends with the maintenance guy too. He has keys to everyone's room and is good at keeping secrets. I always made sure that he got slipped a nice pack of bills and a fine bottle of whiskey around Christmas to keep my secret and to ensure his co-operation in any future schemes. Sigh. I miss those days. I miss the person I was back then.

http://thisisnthappiness.com/

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love the fish bag!! I want one.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

See, I knew Madame Pierre would have loved it too. That got me back to thinking about her. Any chance you and I can talk some time?

Wings1295 said...

Fishy...