Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Psuedo - Followers Can Bite Me



I hate when people feel bullied by so-called followers for what they post. I agree with everything my brother Samurai Frog said to this kid. Blog what YOU like. If followers don't like it then they can leave. I have lost followers (some of my best) for things I wrote. If that is the price for being my own person and following my own vision it is worth it. Plus, now I can post pictures of Selena not for my own insterest but purely out of SPITE. I loves me some SPITE - warmest of the warm emotions.

unfgirlunf:

I guess I won’t be posting or reblogging any more Selena stuff cuz jeez, all I’ve heard is slack from it…from numerous people. I’ve even gotten texts. I’ll just go back to loving the posts/pics and leaving it at that. What a way to end a really crappy day.


Oh, that’s total bullshit. I hate when people get all pissy and think they’re going to dictate the content of YOUR blog to you just because you post something they don’t like. They can ignore it or unfollow or go get lives.

I hate Lady Gaga. If I unfollowed everyone who posted pictures of her just because I don’t like her, there’d be hardly anyone left on my dashboard anymore. I just ignore the pictures and keep following because I’m interested in them. If liking Lady Gaga makes them happy, why should that make me angry?

Seriously, keep posting whatever you want. It’s your blog, not theirs. It’s supposed to make you happy. If your followers get annoyed because of what you’re posting, why the hell are they following you in the first place?



15 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

Becca got into it over her Tumblr, too, with someone who was trying to make the same kind of comments. They can suck it. I've lost followers on Electronic Cerebrectomy over having my own opinions, too, and if those people can't handle it, let them find what they're looking for elsewhere.

Tim Knight said...

Well said! I don't even know who this Selena girl is (but she's cute) and it's not as if these people are paying to read your blog; blogs by their very definition are self-indulgent and the fact that others sometimes read them is an added bonus.

It's not as if you're advocating some radical branch of right-wing, fundamental politics... it's pictures of a cute girl! People need to get some perspective!

Sam G said...

Sigh. Sometimes I really hate being a human. People suck.

Sam G said...

BTW I love Tumblfrog blog. Always something interesting on there.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It would be a nice planet if it wasn't for all the people. That is what I always say.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Actually he was responding to what some kid wrote on her tumblr. One of my sources of Selena pics.

TS Hendrik said...

People have differences of opinions on things? Really? I can't believe that. Everyone agrees on everything surely. How else could the world operate if we didn't all get along?

[SEE: Sarcasm]

There are several things about many different bloggers that bother me but I ignore certain posts and enjoy the things I like. No one ever said just cause you follow a blog you have to read and enjoy everything.

Bunch of sucknutters. New term invented for people complaining on blogs they read.

Wandering Coyote said...

I am with you 100%!

LOL, word verification = preambul!

vancouver mark said...

Follower? Moi?

More like a fellow traveller who checks in often enough to keep your numbers high, and who occasionally points out how very youthful your apparent celebrity obsession is, if that's ok with you.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Quite fair observation. That poor 17 1/2 year old girl to have me as a fan. Promise I won't just dump her when some cuter 12 year old comes along. She won't 'age out' for me which is one of the attributes of your pervs. Thanks for keeping me honest Mark.

Megan said...

Wow I thought I was the only person who used the words fellow traveller any more...

You do what you like here, Cal. But you didn't need to hear that from me, obviously.

vancouver mark said...

I totally understand the attraction of seventeen-and-a-half-year-olds.
My first serious girlfriend was seventeen-and-a-half when we started going out.
She felt a little young, as I was twenty at the time. Thank goodness she looked a bit older (she could walk into bars with me and hardly ever get ID'd, unlike your little one there who looks like she'll be getting ID'd when she's thirty) So we got along OK and the age difference didn't seem too vast.

So, Cal old boy, as long as you're, oh let's say 20, 23, MAYBE 24 or even a slow-developing 25, I won't challenge your tastes too aggressively.

...on the other hand.....(cue Sting and "Don't Stand So Close To Me")

LegalMist said...

Right on!!

(And I'm glad to hear she's 17 1/2. As my friend Jim, a public defender, likes to say, "15 will get you 30").

Nathan said...

I guess I feel I owe something to people who read my stuff, because if I wanted it to be totally self-indulgent, I could just keep it private. Still, for everything I post that anyone complains about, there's usually someone else who likes it, so I err on the side of more content over less. Then again, my high posting volume is probably exactly why some people DON'T like my journal and Tumblr.

By the way, isn't 17 legal in Canada, or is that just in Britain? I'm 32, and I guess I'd feel weird about being attracted to a seventeen-year-old, but I don't see it as being pedophilia by any means. There's a HUGE difference between 12 and 17, much more than between 22 and 27, or for that matter 22 and 57.

Wandering Coyote said...

@ Nathan: man, 14 is legal in British Columbia!