Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More Meme About Me.

1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?


2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?

Stately Wayne Manor, of course

3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

4 days - I was being pursued by agents of the East German government. Near the end of that stretch the computer screen looked like water and I started humming to myself.

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?

'Weekend In New England'

5. Who's your favorite Muppet?

Fozzie Bear

6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

My addiction to women who are bad for me.

7. What's your favorite website?

What do you think?

8. What's your favorite school supply?

The trusty number 2 pencil.

9. Who's your favorite TV attorney?

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer from SNL


10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?

The Calgary Stampede parade last summer.

11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?

A Mego Spiderman figure in great shape at an antique show and sale. The guy at the table knew more about fine china than he did about old action figures. Got it for a dollar, Canadian money.


12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Driving to my job at the outreach school in Ponoka Alberta. Heard it on the radio and when I got to work we all just watched the TV coverage with any students that happened to wander in that day. I remember being very hungry that morning but was too engrossed in the footage to leave for a second to get something to eat.

13. What's your favorite tree?

Not the stupid 'giving tree' I can tell you that. What a chump. He got played by that stupid kid so many times. I hate the little cartoon they made of that story too.

I do likes me a nice Spruce tree, however.

14. What's the most interesting biography you've read?

'Making the Mummies Dance by Thomas Hoving'. It's about his time as director of the Metropolitan Museum Of Art. I always wanted to be a museum curator.

15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?

Hot and Sour Soup, lemon chicken with that red sauce and broccoli beef with mushrooms.

16. What's the best costume you've ever worn?

I was Luke Skywalker for the first Halloween after 'Star Wars' came out. I had the costume down exactly and my dad figured out that putting a clear tube onto a high powered flashlight and covering the end of the tube with a dark piece of cardboard would create a perfectly fine illusion for a light sabre. He was right, especially in the dark of a school gym.

17. What is your least favorite word?

Ointment - sounds bad to hear and worse to use in polite conversation.

18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?

I would be Hawaii Oklahoma and I would fight for all that is right and true. I would eat chicken wings and drink Kool-Aid from a thermos.

19. Who's your favorite bear?

Humphry The Bear from the Disney cartoons.


20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.

Coral and I used to go walking in the middle of the night and sit by the river. One night we saw a bright light in the sky and both noticed it immediately because it was three times larger than an average star. It went back and forth horizontally a couple of times a minute for about five minutes then shot across the sky and it was gone. To this day I have no idea what it was.

21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?

Egypt. I have already been there - The Pyramids and the Valley of the Kings.

22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?

Mom's chili which I also had for supper and breakfast. She makes a lot at one time and its really good. Button mushrooms. Always go with the button mushrooms from the can.

23. Where do you go for advice?

My mother or my Internet friends

24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?

Dictionary

25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?

I trained to scuba dive in a swimming pool at cadet camp but we didn't get to do our river dive because of a thunder and lightning storm.

10 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

You sir, just earned yourself another point in my book for saying Humphrey the Bear.

I love that bear silly.

ThoughtCriminal said...

Fozzie is a good choice, but I would go with Scred.

The Invisible Seductress said...

come drink Kool aid with me..

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Don't temp me Sedutress. You can do better.

The Invisible Seductress said...

and Pop Rocks....eeeeeeep

Nathan said...

I thought that about the Giving Tree, too. If the trees ever revolt against humanity, I think we'll know the reason.

Wings1295 said...

Hah! Hawaii Oklahoma, commander of the Cave of Coolness!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That should be a great TV show. I would wear a different Hawaiian shirt every episode and solve crimes around the country that involve the weird and strange and are beyond the ability of local law enforcement to solve. I am a fat party guy that rubs the 'authorities' the wrong way but they are forced to respect my skills. Oh and the ladies. Hawaii likes the ladies.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I couldn't help but think of you when I saw this comic about someone else disliking "The Giving Tree"

http://www.gronkcomic.com/?p=369

Nathan said...

I have to say I prefer this book: http://vovat.tumblr.com/post/23676996324