Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And Then He Wet Them Again - For The Sake Of The Crew



I just finished watching the first episode of season 2 and have to admit that I have rarely been affected so much by the end of 42 minutes of television.

Season 1 was great but season two will be EPIC in terms of story. This is science fiction for people who don't like science fiction. I am so in admiration of the creators who took a concept and turned it on it's head, thus creating a show that is accessible to everyone because it is all about CHARACTERS.

Everyone of the main characters say so much about what they are thinking about and what they are personally dealing with with just a glance and that is the genius of SGU. Often there is no happy ending but there is always HOPE and it's hope that drives the tale.

I am totally invested in these people. I feel like the first couple of years of the remake of Battlestar Gallactica before that series kinda lost it's way. I know the people behind SGU have learned lessons from BG that hopefully will prevent them from making the same mistakes that BG did.

4 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

It's pretty cool for those of us who like science fiction, too!

M. D. Jackson said...

And, yes, I wet my pants a little too... again! Damn!

Kal said...

Oh totally. We came for the sci/fi but stayed for the characters. Every role is perfectly cast - everyone rings true and I loved the fact that the Lucian alliance guys were complicated and conflicted too. This is more than I deserve.

I think we both need to see a urologist. We ARE at that age.

csmith2884 said...

Still only so-so I really liked Stargate Atlantis and feel they could have done so much more with it. It takes a long time to build characters and I don't like the long split season thing.