Monday, October 18, 2010

Black Dynamite Cartoon???


My boys over at Cultural Compulsive Disorder (an illness I have been terminally blessed with) let me know that ADULT SWIM on the Comedy network are working on a cartoon version of the characters from one of my favorite films of the bast decade, Black Dynamite.

If you haven't seen it you need to add this to your Netflix list. It lovingly spoofs those 'blacksploitation' films of the 70s. Unlike other such films that make fun of a certain genre of films (Scary Movie), this one did so in ways that were subtle but ten times as funny. They told their story straight without a knowing wink to the audience and that is what made it so enjoyable.

The cartoon promises to be over the top with it's ghetto kung-fu style. I currently am in the running to win a signed copy of this comic book, also based on the characters from the movie. Can't tell you how great it would be to see this in my mailbox.


Now where is my Black Dynamite action figure with kung-fu action grip and ghetto playset? It's just a no brainer.

5 comments:

Copyboy said...

This is beyond cool. I have to own it.

Mike D. said...

Haha... I threw that motherfucker before I walked in the room!!!! Great stuff... great movie. I think you are getting one of those copies!!!!

Kal said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...very cool.

Lazarus Lupin said...

I'm down with a black dynamite cartoon baby. It will be funkadelic with a side sooooul.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Pat Tillett said...

I saw that one! Pretty darn funny and funky...