Wednesday, October 20, 2010

'Glee' Photoshoot


I am sure that everyone has seen these pictures of the 'Betty and Veronica' of 'Glee'. I used to watch that show but it was starting to become a parody of itself so I stopped tuning in.

These photos show me that maybe I have gotten out just in time. Do you feel that the show has 'jumped the shark' as they say?

For a show that has many young fans, is this really what they should be putting out there? There is a large diverse cast but only the three prettiest white people are included in this photo spread? How will this play with their co-workers who are not getting this kind of exposure?

The show has many talented people involved with it. Are they really that hurting for ratings or exposure that they need to get their name out there with this kind of a stunt? Is the constant need to outsex the previous week's episode really necessary to attract viewers?

I hate to come across as an old 'fuddy duddy'. These girls are attractive but I actually felt icky about looking at the pics. Like when a student in one of my classes dresses trashy with too much cleavage. I don't want to think of those girls in this way. They don't need to slut it up (like Christina Aquilara they have talent beyond their physical gifts) to interest me.

Please girls, only open your mouths to sing.

What do y'all think?

4 comments:

Andrew said...

There are more pics from that shoot....
I gotta say that this is the first time I've ever paid any attention to Glee at all.

Kal said...

They are hot chicks. No doubt about that. It just didn't sit right in my tummy for some reason.

Dan said...

Hmm that third lady forgot to put her trousers on

Nathan said...

I don't see the photoshoot as really having any relation to the show itself. There's no indication that they're supposed to be in character, and in reality the actors are all well out of high school. The character of Rachel Berry from the show would NEVER dress like that, after all.