Saturday, October 2, 2010

More Things Denied To Me In Childhood


"Kale furniture has created sofas that come apart as soft building blocks. Apparently these piles of prime fort-making cushions are meant to be for children when the adults aren’t using them as a couch. But I say eff that, I want to build with them!"

As mad as I am at Lego, I am more mad at this company for not having rec room furniture like this for me when I was a kid. I loved my rec room time and to know that this COULD have been part of my childhood experiences fills me with such a rage. When I see things like this I feel like I grew up in a cave with cardboard boxes and a 13 inch black and white TV.

6 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

I was watching corner gas last night. It was the episode where Hank decides to make a replica of the town out of lego and I decided while watching, that you need to let your lego issues go. You two used to be friends, it's time to live and let live.

Now this company... I never had them either. Curse and spit on them.

Kal said...

You see. Now you see how deep the well of my bitterness goes. And that was a pretty funny episode of Corner Gas.

The Invisible Seductress said...

Man the fun I would have had with them..Too bad I am too poor to get them for my kids.. sigh

M. D. Jackson said...

I had that when I was a kid, but it was just called "rec-room furniture and old blankets". So what if our parents got angry at us for trashing the rec room just when Uncle Gordie and Aunt Clarine were coming over. We were kids, dammit, and we had to have our fun.

Passion said...

I want one...dont have room for it, but WTF, I want it and Im going to thow myself down and kick and scream until I get it!

Kal said...

You keep stomping you feet until you get what you want, girl.