Monday, October 11, 2010

Say It Isn't So Kevin - Do You Need Work THIS Badly



I thought trailers were created to make you want to see the movie? If these are the best scenes then I think I will be taking a pass at this piece of crap. I say that as a person who likes crappy sword and sorcery movies.

So sad to see that the director who also made one of the coolest of these types of movies ('The Sword and the Sorcerer' - which took it's name from this genre) is involved in this low budget stinker.

I actually was downloading this but deleted it as soon as I cringed my way through the trailer. I only post it so that others can share my pain. I can see if they were lovingly mocking the genre (like 'Black Dynamite' did to 70s black exploitation films) but this ones seems to be taking itself way way too seriously. GAH!

* M.D. just informed me that the sword and sorcery genre predates this movie and if I wasn't sniffing the glue I would have realized that.

6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Actually the term "Sword and Sorcery" predates THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER by many years. The term is the reason that film's name, not the othr way around.

http://www.gwthomas.org/kingsofthenight.htm

Kal said...

I stand corrected.

DrGoat said...

Still looks like a very long episode of Xena or a Kevin Sorbo show, only without characters you like.

Kal said...

and bad bad computer effects.

Lazarus Lupin said...

So the trailer says "A tale of two girls," but with apologies to Mr. Dickens I'd say it was more "A tale of two titties."

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Kal said...

Oh Laz - you so crazy.