Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Trailer

Ceasar looks to a little too much CGI in the trailer but I am not going to let that affect my decision to see this picture. The scene of all the apes racing across the bridge traffic as they make their escape jmst looks to cool to miss.

Plus once I saw that Andy Serkis ('King Kong', 'Lord of the Ring's Trilogy') was in the cast I knew imediately that they would be using motion capture technology to capture the face and the emotions of Ceasar.

Serkis is a genius at using the technology to create some true truly magnificent character interpretations. It's no different than the acting talents found in a more traditional performance and I wish he got more recognition for his work.

7 comments:

Belle said...

Looks fantastic!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Weta Workshops effects look good but I'm having a real hard time seeing past the oh so typical elements "WonderDrug creates Intelligent Monster", "Humans are Assholes to Misunderstood Monster", "Monster Run Amok/Revenge"

Also how can a planet "rise"?

Well, we'll just have to see soon enough.

Paradox Al said...

Wish they had just shortened it to "Rise of the Apes". Still, it looks great, and JAMES FRANCO is in it! =)

M. D. Jackson said...

Apes... will... RISE!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I like James Franco. I hope they show his characters continued fall during any and all upcoming sequels for his hubris at thinking that his use of science to pervert nature wouldn't have consequences. I want him to see civilization fall about around him just as all the apes in the world start walking in pants.

What? Too much to expect?

Oh and MD. I watched that trailer again and I think something rose up and filled my diaper.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I like James Franco. I hope they show his characters continued fall during any and all upcoming sequels for his hubris at thinking that his use of science to pervert nature wouldn't have consequences. I want him to see civilization fall about around him just as all the apes in the world start walking in pants.

What? Too much to expect?

Oh and MD. I watched that trailer again and I think something rose up and filled my diaper.

Paradox Al said...

Yeah, it's just a little bit much to expect out of the movie. It does sound like an awesome concept for a movie though =)

Yeah,I like James Franco too. He really should be in more movies. Thanks to his 127 hours epic,I think we'll get to see him a lot more now.