Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Do So Love This Story


"Everybody Needs A Hobby of the Day: Pastafarian Niko Alm, follower of the One True Flying Spaghetti Monster, won the right to appear in his driving-license photo with a pasta strainer on his head after it was formally recognized by Austrian authorities as “religious headgear.”

It took Alm three years to obtain permission to wear the colander, as the unusual request prompted officials to require a doctor’s note confirming he was “psychologically fit” to operated a motor vehicle.

“Today I was able to get my new driving licence, and in it you can clearly see that I’m wearing a colander on my head to demonstrate my allegiance to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster,” Alm wrote on his blog.

According to the Austrian news agency APA, Alm plans on taking his “religious” crusade to its inevitable conclusion by applying to have Pastafarianism listed as an officially recognized faith."


http://thedailywh.at/

2 comments:

Belle said...

He has a great sense of humor!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Remember -- He boiled for your sins.