Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Am Very Excited


There is nothing better than tracking a package you ordered online because you can't find the product in the town you live in.

When I taught up North the convenience store stocked these awesome 'Rocky Road' chocolate covered marshmallow bars that were very tasty. I was already a huge fan of the chocolate covered marshmallow treats they sell at Halloween and Easter but these bars were an even better variation on the concept of chocolate and marshmallow. The ANNABELLE candy company makes a mint and dark chocolate version of these bars too.

I find I don't like 'Mars', 'Snickers' or 'Twix' so much anymore. They feel like a chore to eat if that makes any sense. These 'Rocky Road' bars, however, feel light.

I had such a craving for one of these a few months ago that I searched for places to order candy online and found a few sites that sell a box of 24 for around 20 bucks. I order about 2 boxes a month.

Now for those who will complain about that being a lot of shit for a person with minor type 2 diabetes to eat but it is the ONLY junk food I eat anymore. I don't eat chips or drink sugary soda. I snack on fruit, nuts and beef jerky. So compared to pre-diagnosis I have turned my eating habits around 180 degrees. These bars are just TOO good to pass up. Nothing like going to the deep freeze for frozen chocolate which is the ONLY way to eat chocolate.

Currently my packages had been picked up from Richfield Ohio and has been cleared by Canadian customs. Load that package onto a Moose and let's get some sugar on, boys.

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My Rare One insists on freezing all chocolate that comes into our house too. Aichihuahua. Is that a Ukrainian thing?

DrGoat said...

RockyRoad's are good. They have a dark chocolate one with cashews that's great. They always have them at the 99 cent store.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

damn, now i'm craving one... gonna have to hit Walgreen's after work

Hobgoblin238 said...

Darnit would you listen to me Cal? Drink a teaspoon of Baking Soda in water everyday and your´re diabetes will go away.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will look up your bogus cure Hobgoblin but if I die, I am so going to haunt your ass. It's no problem to add another name to the list.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Good choice, Kal. Annabelle's isn't Hershey's. Love 'em for that. That is an awfully long time for wait for chocolate, though. Sorry. I sent a friend some chocolate across the Canadian-US border and it took forever. I blame the US side.

PS I suspect, according to Hobgoblin's recipe, your diabetes will go away because you'll die. Don't do it, Kal!

xoRobyn

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I takes about a day for the package to reach me. That isn't too long of a wait.

Unknown said...

Haven't heard of these before i might have to try one sometime.

M. D. Jackson said...

The baking soda and water will not hurt you. I don't know if it will cure your diabetes (or cancer as some claim) but it will help keep down excess gas. I would recommend it for that benefit alone.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But I need that excess gas as emergency propellant for my jet pack. Oh bother.