Sunday, October 2, 2011

New 2011 Television - The View From The Cave


CSI New York -Love the city, love the procedural, love the actors - but this time I had the whole thing figured out at about the 21 minute mark and I was doing several other things while the episode was playing on my monitor.

Now I know it's Friday and the end of the week viewer doesn't want their brains over worked but what about ME!! Usually CSI NY gives me a nice little mystery to solve - keeps my detection skills sharp.

Tonight's story was just too neat and clean. They spent too much time letting us learn more about the characters and less on the crime itself. It's always a difficult balance for any long time show to achieve. I just feel my brain should be getting more of a workout.

I just had a great idea for Kat Dennings and her new show - 'Two Broke Girls' - which I have said before, is virtually unwatchable. The jokes are overwritten, the characters are one dimensional, the sets feel claustrophobic and there is little impov by the actors. Now after that abomination get's cancelled, Kat should join the cast of 'The New Girl' with Zooey Deschanel as Zooey's best friend from Elementary School. It's a winning idea.


The New Girl - only is two episodes in but both were huge winners at the Cave. Fluffy laughed so much that the bubble gum he ate made bubbles pop out his butt. Zooey's adorable goofiness is only getting more appealing. And the three guys co-starring with her are finding the idiosyncrasies in their own characters. I predict this one will get a second season.


Young Justice - fantastic action/adventure series starring the young legacy heroes of the DC comic book universe. We live in a golden age of superhero animation and this is one you need to seek out.

8 comments:

mercurius said...

Hahah, Cal, I think your brain subconsciously hates writing about Zooey Deschanel b/c [1] you never spell her name right and [2] you've watched 2 eps of her show and you don't know it's called The New Girl. We need to get to the root of these deep-seated neuroses b/c we never see you offer up factual errors as consistently as when it's about fluffy ZOOey.

We may need to emply a dangerous method.

Wings1295 said...

I like The New Girl, it's a fun show. But I think 2 Broke Girls has some promise. Give it a little more time to gel, maybe.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Whatever. Maybe you need to start your own blog so you can always be right. Wow, I make some mistakes. I am a piece of crap.

Wings1295 said...

?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

LOL...sorry buddy, that was directed at Mercurius.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

LOL...sorry buddy, that was directed at Mercurius.

Drake said...

This is weird i was thinking today Kat should be on Zooey's show!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Welcome to the hive mind my brother.