Monday, January 9, 2012

I Am Just Terrified By This Experiment


Test Of Time of the Day: Three years ago, Redditor atopiary got bored and decided to put the old “McDonald’s fries don’t mold” maxim to the test. Two jars were placed side by side — one containing fries from McDonald’s, the other from KFC — and left unopeded to this day.

As was pointed out, this experiment is by no means scientific, as it doesn’t account for culinary and environmental factors which may have contributed to the preservation of Mickey D’s chips (for instance, higher cooking temps may have killed off most bacteria).

“Agreed,” says atopiary. “It was fun though. Plus it creeps out anyone who looks in the window sill.”



http://thedailywh.at/

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The amount of preservatives that must be in the McDonald's fries scares me!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

When I clean out the car in the spring there are always fries that look at fresh as the day they were bought stuck under the seats.

Budd said...

what a waste of fries. I think the amount of salt on the average McDonald's fry makes it an unfriendly place of habitation for plant life, my arteries.

makes me want fries.

Sarah said...

This just reinforces my feelings of regret everytime I eat McDonalds.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But the food is soooooo goood.

Belle said...

There can't be anything alive in McDonald's fries, which is kind of weird. When you look at KFCs, which do taste like potatoes, there had to be some life there.

D.I. Felipe González said...

When I buy fries, I eat them. Anyway, who would wnat to buy McD´s fries when BK´s are better?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I prefer Wendy's but a french fry is a french fry.

D.I. Felipe González said...

I´ve never been to Wendy´s (there are a couple of such restaurants in Mexico City). I like fries a lot, but I rarely eat them (too much fat). I photographed a McD once and found out a lot of information that doesn´t come out to the public.

M. D. Jackson said...

Everyone should eat at McDonald's. You're not eating real meat, so the vegetarians and the vegans will be happy, and there's no vegetable products so fussy eaters who won't eat vegetables will be happy.

It's a win/win!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So you are saying that it's not good for me? It is an evil manufactured taste? Grimace knew the truth and they eliminated him. I knew there was something hinky about his 'disappearance'.

DrGoat said...

Might as well eat this shit while you're young guys and gals. When you get older, cardboard is harder to digest.