Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The People's Choice Awards Can Kiss My Ass


When you give a useless numnut like Adam Sandler this kind of popular recognition then you only encourage him to pull even less entertaining movies out of his ass.

Only 'The Waterboy' get's even a sniff of approval from me but that is mostly because of the great co-stars that movie had. Why not give Charlie Sheen the humanitarian of the year award and complete your decent into hell.

Don't even get me started on the Golden Globes and the affect they have on Madonna's fake British accent and raging narcissism. I am so glad that her latest movie is being given five shithouses out of five - my special crappy movie review system.

To give you some indication about how meaningless and fixed the Golden Globes are, watch how this same award winner begins pulling in several Golden Raspberries nominations which of course celebrate the worst in the year's cinema. Do they do a lifetime award? Madonna definitely has earned that one.

6 comments:

Belle said...

I don't watch most award shows any more. They make me cringe. The only Adam Sandler movies I liked were the two he made with Drew Barrymore.

DrGoat said...

Most award shows are BS. And personally, I couldn't care less about these people do off the movie screen. Raging hubris and posing. They are the so-called one percent, even if you like them in the movies. Some of them are probably nice people, but shows like that suck.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think Adam Sandler is a numnut too but I love "Don't Mess With the Zohan." For whatever perverse reason, that movie makes me laugh until I pee my pants.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I do love the accents in that one and especially the conversations he has with his parents over the supper table.

Have you ever seen 'Crossing Delancy'? I don't know how the two or related in my mind but I just thought of it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

No, I've never seen that one.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I think you would really like it.