Wednesday, January 18, 2012

STAY ALIVE! WE WILL FIND YOU


Calvin's First Law of Vancouver Snowfall - the news report will ALWAYS include a shot of someone's car spinning out of control on the snow covered roads. There is no city in the world that has more stupid snow drivers than Vancouver. It's like they all forget a lifetime of skills the minute a little snow sticks to the ground. It's a beautiful city but if you are there during a storm, lock the door and huddle behind your couch until the weather warms up. You are just risking death by being on the roads. It's embarrassing and a little sad to watch from a great Canadian city.

5 comments:

Belle said...

You are 100% right. I lived there for five years.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They drive like assholes even in nice weather.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Totally right. But in winter they are particularly bad at it and this fact is revealed each time there is snow.

M. D. Jackson said...

I learned to drive up north. Snow driving's a doddle for me. But when I lived in Vancouver it had a snow day and everyone turned into either maniacs or nervous schoolgirls. It took me three hours to get halfway home from work that day. I parked at a diner to get a cheeseburger and a seven car pileup happened all around my parked car.

I had to walk to a friend's place who happened to live nearby and crash on his couch that night. It was crazy.

ThoughtCriminal said...

This Situation Will Get Out Of Control. It Will Get Out Of Control And We Will Be Lucky To Live Through It.