Friday, January 6, 2012

Why Do I Chew Gum When It Only Causes Me Pain?



Don't get me wrong. I love gum, especially the flavor of bubble gum. Those tiny Chiclets you used to be able to buy were always the first candies I chose when visiting the local convenience store.

UNFORTUNATELY I seem to stop focusing on the actually chewing at some point and it's at that moment that I bite the inside of my cheek which more often than not means drawing blood.

Then I keep re-injuring the bite mark inside my mouth each time I try to chew down on anything else. No wonder I swallow my gum long before it has lost any of it's flavor.

2 comments:

Belle said...

I love regular bubble gum. Do you remember the hard square gum that came with baseball cards etc?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I found an old pack of DUNE cards that had never been opened and while the gum was hard and inedible the cards still had that great bubble gum smell. Bubble gum and cherry are my two favorite smells or flavors.