Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This Is How Great Geniuses Go Insane


I can't believe that I am sitting here sorting different lenghs and styles of white socks. I say throw them all out and start with only ONE STYLE in any color. They sell socks at the Walmart in bags of 12 for 2 dollars. Spend a toonie and save me the hassle of having to go through this sock basket one more time. I swear it's cruel and inhuman for me to be doing this to myself. I don't even have to WEAR socks if I don't want to....yet still I try to match them up like I am playing some insane children's matching pairs card game. It's like the Concentration without the rebus to solve at the end.

8 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

We have a sock bag in our bedroom where we throw single socks. Every few weeks or so my wife dumps the bag and plays exactly that game. Any socks still unmatched after the session go bag into the sock bag waiting their turn in the next round.

You have to find your entertainment where you can.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would rather wrap my feet in lawn turf.

D.I. Felipe González said...

I confess I buy grey socks in six packs. Bit I don´t use them on daily basis.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You and your damned equatorial climate.

Sebastian Black said...

Totally there with you Cal. But I played that game until I DID go insane (and yes, I was a great genius).

I no longer match them. Instead I sit here, wearing different socks, waiting for my sanity to return. Waiting ... just waiting ...

DrGoat said...

I go with the opposite theory that if every pair looks completely different from every other pair, then they can be sorted quickly. My wife has a system like the one MD uses. The third time around they usually get put in the rag bin.

Jordan said...

What you have to do is get a ton of identical socks all one color and style (black, in my case) and then get a few nice pairs that you have to match up.

(Ain't the internet grand?)

DrGoat said...

Yeah, it's bad when a sock discussion is more relevant than most of the stuff online.