Monday, May 14, 2012

GAH!


Monday Update - Not ten minutes ago I made the decision to go for a walk on the treadmill instead of dealing with my frustration by tearing into some chocolate cake. After three minutes the stupid machine stopped and now refuses to work. I should have taken it as a sign.

There was a time in my life when I was someone who dealt better with these little frustrations in life. I would just roll happily from one crisis to the next with total confidence that I could think up some solution to whatever obstacle that was in my way.

These days everything just seems to get the better of me.

Refusing to give up, I went upstairs, put on my running shoes and realized that there were all kinds of places I could walk to and many of them involved me crossing a busy highway or raccoon filled ravine (is case I chose to take the easy way out). I didn't need me no stinkin' treadmill.

Then the rains began.

And I can hear the ice cream truck coming up the street. The tinkling sounds of 'Tiny Dancer' will torment me for the rest of the night.

Fuck You Monday

3 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Ha Ha Ha :D oh you have a way with telling a story! i totally pictured the whole darkly illustrated sequence in my head, LOL! Sorry... I'm laughing WITH you :)

Wings1295 said...

Wow, talk about "one of those days". Keep strong Cal! Don't let the road bumps keep you from driving along!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Be strong, Cal, be strong. Don't take the raccoon way out.