Monday, May 14, 2012

Sometimes It's Just Best That I Am Alone

After hours of errands I arrived at my Doctor's appointment early because that is the respectful thing to do when one lives in a civilization. I know the Doctor is a busy guy and often appointments run a bit late. However, after 45 minutes of being forgotten in the waiting room, I am hardly in the mood to be reasonable.

The last time I was at the clinic, he suggested a new anti-depressant that makes it easier for Type II Diabetics to lose weight. Instead of giving me a prescription for the new pills, he just got me some samples from the back and told me to come back after a couple of weeks. During that time I worked to transition off the Paxil and finally got to the point where I wasn't having the 'zaps' in my brain anymore - one of the many side effects that come from stopping taking the Paxil.

It only doubles my frustration when I am told that I can't be seen until Friday. So now I have to take the Paxil or put up with the 'zaps' for the rest of the week just because someone can't look up and notice the only fat bearded loser in the room.

I am so fucking annoyed right now I can't even speak. When I get that way I like to pretend that I am the angry Prime Minister of Canada and I am pushing the button that fires off all our missiles at once - no negotiation - just kaboom.




7 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

healthcare's always a pain in the ass- you prbably fare better in Canada than the US though

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh totally. I know I am spoiled so you can't be mad at me. THEY made me this way. You know what a delicate hot house orchid I am.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bummer. I hear ya.

Wings1295 said...

I hate that, too. Your time is just as important as theirs. If you were 45 minutes late, it would have been an entirely different story! Frustrating and disrespectful!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I just wanted someone to come up to me and tell me that they were sorry for the delay.

Wings1295 said...

I hear ya. And what did you get? Nothing. And if you had mentioned it? You would have probably gotten attitude back, like you were wrong to call them on their own mistake. ARGH. Now I am frustrated!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Don't forget that if you bitch they put a note in your file that insures that you get messed with ever time you come back. Next they will be switching out my meds for placebos so that I die before my time. That's what they do to us aggitators.